Family Medicine - Outpatient Only - Venice, FL
Company: First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Family Practice-Without OB opening in Venice, Florida. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com First Physicians
Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking to employ
(2) Family Medicine physicians for opportunities in Venice,
Florida. We are working with flexible start dates for the
positions: July 2021 to December 2021.The practices are located in
Venice, aptly named one of Coastal Living's "Best Places to Live on
the Coast" in 2020 and "Happiest Seaside Towns in America" in
2015.Once a fishing and farming community, this city in the heart
of Sarasota County has blossomed into a vacation destination, where
families go to the beach, hunt for prehistoric shark teeth, shop
through a revitalized downtown, bike around the Venetian Waterway
Trail and go fishing at the Venice Pier. The area is known for the
arts, great restaurants, nationally recognized beaches, excellent
schools and a wide variety of activities for all ages.First
Physicians Group is Florida's Gulf Coast leader in primary and
specialty care with an impressive 26-year history in the community.
With 250+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers in 29
different specialties and 42 practice locations, it is backed by
the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Hospital. We are a
building a new 350,000 sq. ft hospital in Venice w/ 90 private
acute-care patient suites, 20 private observation suites, 25 bed
Emergency Care Center and 8 surgical suites. The new hospital is on
target to open in October 2021.Practice Information:
- The positions are to replace two (2) Family Medicine Physicians
that will be moving to a NEW on-site practice with the opening of
the Venice Hospital.
- One practice has 2 physicians and is in need of a 3rd.
- The other practice has 1 physician and is looking for a
- The positions are outpatient only. FPGs Hospitalist group will
cover inpatient admissions at both hospitals. No OB.
- Clinic volume averages 18-22 patients per day.
- Hours are flexible but patients are typically seen between 8:00
A.M – 5:00 P.M.
- The new providers will ramp up quickly, this community is
growing and has an excellent reputation in the market.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Board Eligible if within
3 years of completing training.
- Licensed in the State of Florida is required but we will accept
CVs from physicians interested in applying for a FL license. We
will pay for the FL license and DEA if you apply as the result of a
job acceptance with our organization. Benefits Highlights:
- Contract includes a 2 year guaranteed base salary. Physicians
can transition to a generous pay model after 2 years.
- Comprehensive benefits are offered - including health, dental,
life, disability, 403B Retirement Fund, CME, Vacation, Holidays and
- Relocation Allowance is offered.
- We are a not-for-profit Physicians can participate in the PSLF
program if employed by FPG.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization,
physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity. Please contact Lana
Griffin, Provider Recruiter for information on both practice
opportunities.Sarasota Memorial is a CMS 5-Star rated hospital in
Florida for its overall quality. It is the only hospital in Florida
and one of just 52 across the nation to maintain their top rating
since 2016. It has been named among the Top 100 Hospitals in US,
the top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in US in 2021, and it received
an "A" Grade for Patient Safety in 2020. Additionally, it has been
named a U.S. News High Performer in 2020-2021. Keyphrases: family
medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family practitioner jobs,
family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health, Captiva , Family Medicine - Outpatient Only - Venice, FL, Healthcare , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!