Truss Delivery Driver
Company: Gulfside Supply, Inc. dba Gulfeagle Supply
Posted on: May 2, 2021
DELIVERY DRIVER - TRUSS Job Summary: This position exists to load
and deliver ordered products to customer jobsites, as well as
coordinate the returning of products from jobsite to a location, if
- Be committed to customer service above all else - each driver
is the face of Kimal to customers and the jobsite, and will act
professionally and courteously at all times
- Must maintain a current FL driver's license, with appropriate
class A, B, or C as needed for the position
- Responsible for delivery of roof and floor trusses, as well as
beams or any related hardware items to job sites as directed by
dispatch or management
- Responsible for banding and loading trucks as necessary, and
helping with yard organization and cleanliness while waiting on
loads, ensure loads are properly secured before leaving yard
- Responsible for keeping the truck clean inside and out and
providing daily maintenance checklists
- Obey all traffic laws while operating company vehicles (seat
belts, hands-free cell phones)
- Make pickups of returning materials as directed by
- Try to place trusses as requested by customer at jobsite,
unless placement is unsafe or inaccessible
- Any other tasks as assigned by management
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the U.S.
**All new hires must complete pre-employment background check and
drug test** Skills Needed:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three
to six months of delivery experience.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to drive within the state of Florida (including current
license), needs current Class A - Florida license.
- Working knowledge of geographical delivery areas for the
- Two weeks experience or training with products and facility
layout; or equivalent experience, must also be forklift certified
to be able to help load truss packages on trucks
- Must have acceptable driving record, as determined through
driver's license check and insurance approval
- Be very organized and detailed to handle chaotic sales
environment effectively and relatively mistake-free Physical
Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or
feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl,
and hear, get in and out of trucks in proper and safe manner.
- Often required to climb or balance. Occasionally required to
- Regularly required to lift up to 25 lbs. and occasionally
required to lift up to 100lbs.
- Regularly required to use close vision, distance vision (clear
vision at 20 feet or more), peripheral vision, depth perception
(three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial
relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust
the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Basis for Performance
Checkpoints: Load, deliver and unloaded materials to and from
jobsites accurately and with little to no damage Be able to
complete a reasonable amount of delivery requests (according to
established company guidelines), and pickup requests in an
efficient and productive manner Obey all company safety procedures
and policies, as well as all state driving procedures and policies
Document backorders, missing items or picked up items, signing and
dating all delivery paperwork Help to keep truck in good working
order, report all maintenance needs and mechanical issues Be
dependable, report to work on time as scheduled Competitive
Benefits Package: 401(K) Retirement Plan including Employer Match
Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays Health Insurance - Medical, Dental
& Vision Life, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability Health &
Wellness Programs Flexible Spending Accounts Health Savings
- Employee Discount Programs This Job Summary indicates the
general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent.
Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
Kimal Lumber is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate based on race, religion, age, gender, national origin,
sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. All duties and
responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and
are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities. We are proud to be an EEO employer
M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Call (844) 269-5216 to speak with a recruiter today!
Keywords: Gulfside Supply, Inc. dba Gulfeagle Supply, Captiva , Truss Delivery Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!