Host / Cashier - Restaurant Team Member
Company: Bob Evans
Posted on: February 22, 2021
A job for TODAY---a career for TOMORROW! We are a great fit for
YOU if you say yes to any of these questions:
- Looking for just some extra cash?
- Want to work after school and on weekends?
- Looking to make a change in your career?
- Looking to grow into management?
- Want to be part of a family focused work
environment?--Everybody is Somebody at Bob Evans...It doesn't
matter who you are, we believe that everyone has a place at our
table. If you want to have fun, prepare and serve quality food
while working with a team, then come in and visit with us for an
interview.Visit careers.bobevans.com to view complete job
description.Not sure about what it's like at Bob Evans, Check out
our very cool but brief video that features some of our shining
stars sharing their employment stories with Bob Evans Restaurants
at careers.bobevans.comBob Evans Restaurants, LLC is EEO compliant
and participates in E Verify.Full-Time and Part-Time positions may
be available.We continue to update our safety and sanitation
procedures to follow the current CDC, local, and state guidelines.
Our goal is to provide a safe environment for both our employees
and guests.--Statement of
position is responsible for ensuring all guests feel welcome,
special and appreciated by "treating strangers like friends and
- Responsible for greeting guest in a friendly manner and
escorting guests to tables. Monitors guests' needs and the workflow
of the restaurant and seats guests accordingly.
- Conveys the appropriate number of menus, kid packs if needed
when seating guests.
- Performs restroom checks, answers phones, keeps lobby area
clean of debris, and keeping the general work area stocked and
- Practices safe food and beverage handling and clean up at all
times and must be able to communicate and interact with guests,
handle crowds and put guests at ease.
- Shows guests they care, and ask them about their dining
experience.-- Effectively handle guest complaints and involve
manager at appropriate time.
- Handles cash and credit transactions; accurately accounts for
all receivables including cash, credit cards, and gift cards.
- Assist in marketing, promotional services and situational
selling, such as communicating new promotions, products or
marketing information to guest.
- Clears, sanitizes and sets tables as needed.
- Manages a line by working with managers to quote accurate wait
- Handles guest complaints with tact and professionalism, turning
dissatisfied guests into raving fans.
- All other duties as
- Excellent guest service skills and experience.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must have ability to accurately handle money, make change,
process credit card transactions, and have strong menu
- Computer skills (POS system).
- Great communication
- 0-2 years related experience.
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and
procedures in a restaurant.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- At least 16 years of age.--QUALIFICATION
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.--PHYSICAL
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. This list is not designed to
contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the employer
reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this
position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job the employee will
regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time
without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 10 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read and write clearly.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including
selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.
Keywords: Bob Evans, Captiva , Host / Cashier - Restaurant Team Member, Other , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!