Middle School Spanish Teacher - SKY Academy Venice
Company: The SKY Family YMCA
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Middle School Teacher-Spanish 2020/2021 School Year
The SKY Academy Teacher is expected to understand and
demonstrate the use of the school's curriculum, student instruction
and assessment to maximize educational achievement for all
students; work collaboratively to ensure a working and learning
climate for all students that is safe, secure and respectful.
Implementing strategies to reach the multiple intelligences of
students through creative lessons is required.
- Understands central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure
of the discipline(s) taught and makes the subject matter meaningful
- Develops a climate and culture of openness, fairness, mutual
respect, support and inquiry.
- Engages every student in grade level appropriate learning
experiences that promote performance.
- Listens and interacts effectively with students, parents,
colleagues, and community members, respecting diverse
- Demonstrates respect for students, colleagues, administrators,
- Models and reinforces self-discipline and responsibility.
- Works effectively with school colleagues, parents, and the
community to support students' learning and well-being.
- Provides professional leadership to establish a culture
conducive to learning and student diversity, involves students in
the development of a mission and goals that support the school's
goals and guide classroom decisions, and uses data for continual
- Develops and implements a strategic planning system including
course, unit and lesson plans.
- Provides opportunities for students to demonstrate appropriate
progress toward graduation expectations: knowledgeable, lifelong
learner; responsible individual; effective communicator; problem
solver; collaborative team worker, and self-directed learner.
- Provides students and parents with timely data for improvement
in student achievement.
- Uses formal and informal assessment strategies to determine
whether students have achieved high standards and modifies
instructional strategies as needed to maximize achievement.
- Understands how students learn and provides learning
opportunities that support intellectual, social, and personal
development of diverse learners.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and secure classroom
- Manages student misconduct promptly and resolves conflict and
- Promotes independent and collaborative work ethic.
- Develops and manages human resources within the classroom by
maintaining a professional development plan and engaging in
professional development activities, recognizing students and
parents for contributions to goal achievement.
- Uses teaching and learning strategies that reflect each
student's culture, learning styles, special needs, and
- Seeks resources necessary to achieve classroom and school
goals, such as; course materials that match the reading level of
- Uses classroom processes that support effective teaching and
learning to promote high student achievement, designing lessons to
promote all students engaged in learning all the time through such
strategies as active learning, hands-on application, and
teacher-student and student-student conversations about the
- Uses appropriate technology in teaching and learning
- Demonstrates positive classroom results and trends.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree from a fully accredited educational
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a Florida teaching
certificate for the level and subject area to be taught.
- Preferred FL certifications are the Elementary Education and/or
the Middle Grades Integrated Curriculum (grades 5-9) licenses.
- Valid Florida Driver License.
Keywords: The SKY Family YMCA, Captiva , Middle School Spanish Teacher - SKY Academy Venice, Other , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!