Swim Instructor - Englewood Location
Company: The SKY Family YMCA
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the direction of the Aquatics Coordinator and in
accordance with the policies of The SKY Family YMCA, the Swim
Instructor provides swim lessons/ private or group to children and
adults of all levels and abilities based on YMCA standards and
- The swim instructor is responsible for instructing all swim
- This position is also responsible for the safety of the
participant in their own class
- Work hours as scheduled which includes beginning and ending
class on time; remaining after class to answer participant and/or
parent questions as needed, and clean up supplies.
- Instructs and evaluates students participating in swim
- Submits completed report cards, skills sheets and attendance
information on time
- Attends mandatory meetings and training sessions as
- Act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons
in the event of emergency.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and
maintains a high standard of customer service.
- All other duties as assigned and appropriate
- Attend regularly scheduled, mandatory staff meetings.
- Utilize time clock and monitor timesheet. Bring any corrections
to supervisor within a timely manner
- Successfully meet the Association's policies on background
- Proficiency of swimming strokes and the ability to instruct and
demonstrate in a group or individual session.
- Ability to perform life saving techniques if necessary
- Ability to forge mutually respectful partnerships with persons
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be a self starter, with high energy and a positive
- Adhere to drug/alcohol/smoke free workplace policy
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke
- Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer/ First Aid/AED
- WSI and/or YMCA Swim Instructor certification or
- Completion of the YMCA's Blood Borne Pathogen's training
- Completion of the YMCA's Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training
- Additional training classes as recommended by Supervisor
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to perform a range of exercise activities.
Requires full range of motion, including manual and finger
dexterity and hand and eye coordination. Requires corrected vision,
speech, and hearing to normal range, or special accommodations made
of sufficient nature for completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Walking, bending, reaching, and kneeling to reach
Keywords: The SKY Family YMCA, Captiva , Swim Instructor - Englewood Location, Other , Englewood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!