Human Resources Generalist
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's
largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000
employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in
Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and
distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors,
wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in
the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential
homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through
innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are
seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and
want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent
benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent
and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career
Summary: The HR Generalist will be primarily responsible for
providing human resources support and services to the management
team and employees.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
This may include safety training, anti-harassment training,
professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified
job applicants for open production positions; collaborates with
departmental managers to understand skills and competencies
required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility
- Maintains new hire orientation and employee recognition
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants,
employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive
matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings,
terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and
recommends corrective action.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status
of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the
end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the HR
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field required.
- At least one year of human resource management experience
- SHRM-CP and/or PHR a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Ability to navigate warehouse on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does
not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee
on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the
company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services
Keywords: Jeld-Wen, Captiva , Human Resources Generalist, Other , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!