Wellness Coach Opening/Closing Shifts - Venice Location
Company: The SKY Family YMCA
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Under the direction of the Wellness Director and in accordance
with the policies of the SKY Family YMCA, the Wellness Coach will
be responsible for the delivery of safe, effective instruction to
members of exercise equipment and interaction with all members
utilizing the wellness facility.
- Staff is expected to act professionally and dress according to
the requirements: uniform shirt, neat shorts or warm-up pants (no
spandex), sneakers and YMCA name tag.
- All Staff should arrive promptly for their shift. Opening
personnel must arrive with adequate time prepare facility for
- Welcome and greet all members as they arrive or shortly
thereafter. Get to know the member's names, needs and goals. When
possible, interact with members. Assist with machine usage,
appropriate exercise advice - do not give advice that you are not
absolutely SURE is safe and appropriate.
- Make sure that first time users are encouraged to go through
the orientation process. ALL members must fill out the medical
form. If you feel that there is a medical condition that requires
further investigation or physician's approval, refer it to the
- Assist members with their workouts whenever possible. Make sure
that they are using machines properly, both cardiovascular and
- Circulate and be visible to members, even when it is slow.
- Give facility tours as needed to assist Membership Services
- Keep the sign-up sheets neat and orderly, assist members with
transitions on and off equipment when it is busy.
- Follow cleaning schedule. Refill cleaning bottles as needed. If
it is very slow and you are able to continue to circulate, feel
free to clean more than your allotted responsibilities!
- Be aware of signs that equipment may be in need of maintenance.
If the equipment is not functioning properly, place an out of order
sign on it and inform Wellness Director.
- The Wellness Center phones and computers are not for personal
use. Personal Emergency calls are permitted.
- Ensure all participants wear appropriate exercise attire and
- Monitor proper executions, form and technique when
- Make sure all equipment is put away correctly following your
shift. This includes proper restacking of weights.
- Wash, dry and fold towels as needed
- Wellness Coaches are expected to find their own substitutes if
they are not work their scheduled shift and communicate the
substitute to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend regularly scheduled, mandatory staff meetings.
- Utilize time clock and monitor timesheet. Bring any corrections
to supervisor within a timely manner.
- Possess facility keys. Insure Keys are secure and notify
supervisor of loss.
- Insures facility is open on time as scheduled.
- Insure all electronic cardio equipment are on and ready for use
at time of opening.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Successfully complete State of Florida Criminal History
Background Check requirements as well as meet the Association's
policies on background screening
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of exercise equipment, general weight lifting, health
and wellness and the ability to demonstrate.
- Refrain from diagnosing injuries, offering medical advice, and
dispensing or endorsing any and all commercial health products
especially nutritional supplements, vitamins, performance enhancing
substances, and pain relievers.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- CPR/ First Aid/AED Certifications required
- Completion of YMCA's Blood Borne Pathogens training
- Completion of YMCA's Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training
- One year or more of experience in fitness.
- Additional training classes as recommended by Supervisor
Keywords: The SKY Family YMCA, Captiva , Wellness Coach Opening/Closing Shifts - Venice Location, Other , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!