ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
* Assist in the maintenance of a product enhancement/improvement
pipeline across the existing SEBU product portfolio
* Analyze Quality and Service data to determine opportunities
for design improvements to reduce quality and service rates;
maintains and measures improvements as they relate to budget/cost
* Coordinates product obsolescence process for end of lifecycle
product lines, and supports initiatives necessary to maintain data,
support warranty and service items
* Collaborates with Sales and Marketing on product development
proposals, sales presentations, catalogs, and general marketing
* Track and update Continuous Improvement /Engineering Change
Requests and Engineering Change Order logs
* Assists with evaluating costing of current design and proposed
design including labor cost analysis, material cost analysis,
safety cost analysis, and quality analysis
* Provide alternative solutions to change requests that may not
benefit from top level engineering change - deviation from product
maintenance to product change.
* Lead requests through triage meetings to facilitate agreement
of set product requirements, obtain status and update on product
change projects, and develop actions to overcome any rising project
* Uses project management to track project/enhancement
implementation progress and ensure that tasks assigned are
completed in appropriate order and within established
* Maintain and report status of product enhancement &
improvement pipeline across the existing SEBU product
* Attend cross-functional meetings and gather information from
all of the departments involved in developing and introducing a
product/improvement to the marketplace and remain up to date on
project progress, direction and changes, and the current state of
manufacturability, quality control and supply chain.
* Monitor system implementation of product changes and ensure
all necessary requirements of the project is met and performing to
* Maintain up to date status of ongoing projects and prioritize
changes with shifting project scope working with the end in mind;
able to provide recommendations of completion date of projects with
changes in project scope.
* Demonstrate appropriate work skills, technical accuracy,
efficiency, and conformity to company policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of five years' experience in a technical field
* High comfort working in a highly ambiguous, fast paced
* Familiarity with the fenestration or building industry and
* MS Office: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, with advanced
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
* Ability to manage projects and work independently
* Read and understand Engineering BOM, product drawings
* Understands product testing and performance
* Critical thinking and problem solving
* Bachelors degree a plus
* Fenestration code requirements for product testing and
* Familiarity with fenestration anchoring patterns and
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Pricing, costs, and margin analysis calculations. Identify
variable costs and net gains in line with project justification and
Ability to establish priorities, plan, document and monitor.
Must be able to assess complex situations and make appropriate
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and
standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
crawling, and balancing.
* Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling
the use of office machinery.
* Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal
communication as well as communication through automated devices
such as the telephone.
Ability to travel occasionally domestically.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.