The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the delivery of
effective quality care to patients, leading and supporting team
members in daily operations and upholding the vision and mission of
- Partners with leadership, providers, and staff to manage
operations of assigned practice location(s) including patient care
and retention, personnel management, and workflow of the office and
clinical team members.
- Monitors and maintains performance practice standards; ensures
defined target standards for number of patient appointments,
staffing productivity, patient experience and other business
performance standards are met.
- Implements policies and procedures that ensure efficient
operations supporting both administrative and clinical
- Identifies and applies cost saving and revenue enhancing
- Manages inventory of necessary supplies, equipment, technology,
and other resources necessary for high quality patient care and
efficient function of the practice.
- Evaluates performance of all office team members, effectively
communicating, giving timely feedback and empowers team member to
do their jobs well.
- Assists in the onboarding process by training and evaluating
new team members.
- Assumes responsibility for patient flow processes. Strategizes
to improve efficiency and eliminate barriers that impact patient
- Provides coverage for Front Desk Specialist and/or Medical
Assistant as needed.
- Works well in a team environment building and inspiring good
working relationships to accomplish common tasks in a collegial
- Adheres to the Water's Edge Mission Statement, Credo and
Service Goals and Values providing exceptional customer service at
- Cultivates a culture of compliance that adheres with local,
state and federal regulatory requirements.
This position supervises the administrative practice team
members (if assigned), Clinical Supervisor, and Front Desk
Supervisor (if assigned) at their assigned location(s).
This job operates in a healthcare setting. This role also
routinely encounters patients who may have contagious illnesses or
possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to communicate verbally and in writing with
patients, healthcare providers and staff. This position is very
active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and
stooping throughout the day. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move items over 20 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position in a healthcare facility which is
open during business hours Monday through Saturday, 52 weeks per
year. On time and regular attendance including work during
inclement weather may be required. This position may also require
over time hours to be worked to accommodate patients'
Travel between Water's Edge Practice locations may be required
for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum high school diploma
Two to five years of experience in a management/supervisory role
in a medical office is required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to work well independently, but ask for help when
Prefer that the individual has an understanding of dermatology
office protocol and procedures and can effectively lead a team in a
Must have the ability to use applicable EMR technology and
Other Duties As Assigned
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for their job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or