Assistant Early Learning Director - Venice Location
Company: The SKY Family YMCA
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under the direction of the Early Learning Director, the
Assistant Early Learning Director assists with the overall
operation of the Early Learning program site(s), including
licensing, curriculum development and delivery, health and safety
of the children.
- Ensures the appropriate application of curriculum in all
- Oversees social, academic and emotional development of the
- Implements program operating policies and activities as
required; develop cost estimates for future program needs.
- Ensures that classroom observations and VPK programming is
completed according to plan
- Plans, develops, schedules, and provides in-service training
and evaluation of childcare staff.
- Ensure that the center and staff conform to federal, state, and
local rules, regulations, and licensing requirements.
- Recruits and schedules children for the child care centers;
maintains accurate records on children enrolled in the program to
include their development, attendance, immunization and general
health; conducts program registration, and maintains appropriate
files and waiting lists.
- Provides training and orientation for new parents, teachers and
children including touring families and transitioning
- Coordinates monthly newsletter and food menu's
- Orders and maintains childcare supplies, food and
- Ensuring daily, weekly, monthly communication to parents to
support the lesson plans and the milestones and development of the
children within the program.
- Assists with hiring, training, coaching, supervising and
evaluating Early Learning staff
- Supervises programs, including operation, maintenance,
appearance and cleanliness
- Ensures that all monthly reporting is completed to include but
not limited to Early Learning Coalition, VPK, Food grants and
- Ensures that problems encountered by staff and parents are
resolved; work with Director to alter policies or procedures to
ensure smooth operation of program.
- Supervises staff, to include call outs, vacation, daily staff
schedule and concerns and issues.
- Responsible for creating, developing and maintaining a positive
relationship with teachers, parents, and other branch staff
- Partner with parents to effectively address any
- Supports the program goals of the YMCA as a whole and the
branch in particular
- Operates Childcare Center in the absence of the Early Learning
- Other duties as assigned
- Three or more years of Early Childhood experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or closely
related field of study is preferred.
- Ability to direct all operations through volunteer development,
supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget,
marketing and public relations, and program development.
- Experience in management and development of volunteer
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from
all social and economic segments of
- Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Florida Childcare Director credential required
- Infant/child CPR & First Aid
- Annual completion of YMCA Blood Borne Pathogens training
- Annual completion of YMCA Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Successfully complete DCF background screening requirements as
well as meet the association policies on background screening.
- Additional training classes as recommended
Keywords: The SKY Family YMCA, Captiva , Assistant Early Learning Director - Venice Location, Other , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!