Senior Loan Officer
Company: New Penn Financial
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Exceed the expectations of our residential mortgage borrowers &
business partners through superior service, simple processes, and
We deliver on this mission by empowering our employees by
encouraging and recognizing superior performance and innovative
solutions, by promoting teamwork and divisional cooperation.
The primary function of the Loan officer is to sell loan
products offered by NewRez. Contact prospective clients to develop
and maintain referral sources. Meet with prospective clients at
outside locations such as a client's home. Make in-person calls on
real estate agents, financial advisors and other potential referral
sources to develop borrower leads.
Incumbent may work from any of the above listed locations. Not
required to cover all above listed locations.
- Utilize and develop a network of resources for mortgage loan
business development and solicitation for new business.
- Utilize, manage and market to a database of customer
- Maintain a positive sales environment by educating potential
borrowers, Real Estate Agents and Homebuilder sales representatives
on the Company's products and services; create and deliver
presentations when necessary.
- Complete thorough loan applications by communicating with
perspective applicants and obtain specified information relating to
the loan or credit application; correspond with applicant via
telephone, email or in-person to resolve any questions regarding
- Perform prequalification assessment and analysis of financial
condition and risk of financing requests within the Company's
credit policies and programs, as well as all state and federal
lending regulations (FHA, VA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac,
Conventional, Conforming, Rural Housing Development, Bond and
- Negotiate rate, terms and conditions of the loan.
- Lock loans on time and in the correct product type to avoid
- Collect up-front fees from applicant.
- Submit complete loan application, including all required
documents and disclosures, and coordinate the process with assigned
- Input loans into appropriate Automated Underwriting System
(AUS), such as DU or LP, for underwriting decision.
- Assist with, and solve, issues relating to processing,
underwriting and closing of loans within employee's loan
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the financial industry,
economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
- Represent the Company in various community and civic functions
to enhance the Company's image and develop additional
- Consistently apply superior decision making techniques relating
to applicant inquiries, approvals, and requests as they pertain to
existing policies, regulations and procedures.
- Maintain compliance on all loan files and pipeline.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have an active state MLO license in each state where
business is to be conducted.
- High-school diploma or GED and a minimum.
- 3-years lending origination experience.
- Strong PC skills, including Power Point, Excel, Word and Lotus
- Solid knowledge of state and local real estate markets.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Ability to plan for contingencies and anticipate problems and
- Ability to negotiate persuasively to produce positive
- Ability to effectively listen and respond to customers'
- Ability to demonstrate a strong desire to satisfy one's
internal and external customers by displaying superior customer
- Ability to demonstrate corporate responsibility by living our
core values - Superior Customer Service, Integrity, Respect, Hard
Work, and Long Term Commitment.
- Ability to instill trust and confidence from others.
- Ability to effectively convey and receive ideas, information,
- Ability to exhibit professional written and verbal
communication at all times.
- Ability to build and maintain work relationships and contacts
needed to effectively address issues and obstacles.
- Ability to value contribution of all team members and is
effective at resolving workplace conflicts.
- Ability to establish positive rapport with customers.
- Ability to seek out new and creative ways to provide solutions
to the customer's needs.
- Ability to demonstrate solid selling skills and
- Ability to influence others to gain commitment.
- Ability to maintain an intense optimism and focus on achieving
goals even under adversity.
- Ability to recover quickly from setbacks and rejections.
- Ability to maintain and foster strong partnerships with
- Ability to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the cycle of
the sales process with support and service.
- Ability to complete all required training courses on time.
- Ability to identify customer needs and adapt sales
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the position's requirements, it in no way implies/states that
these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the
right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Casual Workplace
- Employee Engagement Activities
- Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings
- Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan
with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
CA Notice at Collection
Keywords: New Penn Financial, Captiva , Senior Loan Officer, Other , Venice, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!