Lifeguard - Englewood Location
Company: The SKY Family YMCA
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under the direction of the Aquatics Coordinator and in
accordance with the policies of the SKY YMCA, the lifeguard will be
responsible for the ensuring the safety of all participants in or
around the YMCA pool.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to
emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies
and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
- Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members,
participants and other staff.
- Displays professional appearance at all times and dresses
according to requirements (approved swimsuit, jacket, and
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules,
policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Ensure all
participants wear appropriate swim attire and footwear
- Make sure that first time swimmers are swim tested and wear
appropriate flotation devices as necessary If you feel that there
is a medical condition that requires further investigation or
physician's approval, refer it to the Aquatics Director.
- Works to maintain a high level of cleanliness of deck,
structures, equipment, etc.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the
state Health Department code.
- Finds replacement guard when unable to work and completes
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is
available as needed. Directs all pool maintenance concerns to
Aquatics Director immediately.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as
required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
- Utilize time clock and monitor timesheet. Bring any corrections
to supervisor within a timely manner.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Successfully complete State of Florida Criminal History
Background Check requirements as well as meet the Association's
policies on background screening
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adhere to drug/alcohol/smoke free workplace policy
- Sound decision making skills
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA, Red
Cross, or other nationally recognized lifeguarding program
- Professional appearance and attitude
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Current YMCA, Red Cross, or other nationally recognized
lifeguarding certification and corresponding requirements for
CPR/AED and First Aid.
- CPR for the Rescue Professional/ First Aid/AED Certifications
- Completion of the YMCA's Blood Borne Pathogens Training
- Completion of the YMCA's Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training
- Additional training classes as recommended by Supervisor
Keywords: The SKY Family YMCA, Captiva , Lifeguard - Englewood Location, Other , Englewood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!